Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Day of School Documentation

I guess it's about time that I posted pictures from the first day of school!  I almost didn't get any-- Ryder had some diaper issues just as we were about to leave that made us late getting out the door and we were well on our way before I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures!  I was standing there panicking and wondering if we had time to go back for my camera when I remembered that there was a camera in my phone.  Thank goodness for that!

So here we are!
I know everyone looks really sad or nervous here, but really they weren't.  The sun was in their eyes, so they're really just trying not to squint.  The reality is that Bentley was skipping the whole way to school he was so excited to be going back!

There-- see?  Skipping!  What a happy kid!  Kendra is racing to keep up!

That's a better picture, although poor Kendra's face is still lopsided from when she tripped and fell against the high chair...

I LOVE this picture-- this is when Bentley discovered that both Peter AND Heiri, his two best friends from kindergarten, were in his class.  So happy!  As he marched off to his new classroom with them, he didn't even glance back at me.  It did make me tear up just a little, but I was really happy for him, too.

And here's Kendra at her first day of preschool at the Atkinson's house!  She has been loving preschool-- her only problem with it is just that she wishes she could go more often than twice a week!

I know, I didn't take nearly enough pictures.  But it's better than nothing!  And mostly I'm just glad that everyone is so happy with their schools!  September has never seemed so glorious!

4 comments:

Juliana said...

Everyone looks great! I especially love Bentley's skipping :)

Vangie said...

Fun! I'm glad Bentley is enjoying 1st grade. And Kendra is just so cute with her little bag!

Patrice said...

I love the happy, hopeful looks on their faces as they begin their new adventures! Of course, the sun in their eyes made for some funny expressions. So glad you had your phone/camera with you!

Natalie R. said...

So cute!! I'm so glad that Bentley has his best friends in his class, that's awesome!! And I love Kendra on the stairs looking so grown up! :0)