Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hawaii: the Final Hodgepodge!

Okay, I think this will be the last of the Hawaii pictures!  I hope you haven't minded me re-living my vacation for all of you to see!  But it sure has been fun for me!


To start off, we have our visit to Pearl Harbor.  This is something everyone should do, but I wouldn't exactly call it fun.  Especially if you're pregnant and being pregnant makes you really emotional (um, like, I may have started crying during one of the X-Men movies once when I was pregnant...  yeah, that emotional), then this makes for a sort of a gut-wrenching experience.  But I think that's sort of the whole point-- Pearl Harbor was gut-wrenching and awful.  And it's okay to feel that just a little bit.


Listening to the guided tour on the submarine Bowfish.  If any of you have read Herman Wouk's Winds of War, this is exactly like the submarine I picture Byron being stationed on.  Don't you think?

I think my children would make excellent gunners, thank you very much!


The Arizona Memorial.  The flag was at half-mast for the Colorado shooting.

I like this picture a lot.

Some of the oil still leaking from the U.S.S. Arizona

On a much lighter note, here are a few of the pictures we took at Sea Life Park, which was a lot of fun:

The dolphin show!  I think what you're seeing here is their whalphin-- a mix of bottlenose dolphin and false killer whale

Bentley was, as always, very excited to see sharks

Spray enough sunscreen in Ryder's hair and you can do some fun things with it!

Looking at the sea turtles

This was when we got to meet the dolphins.  We're on the far side, so I don't think you can really pick us out.  But we were there!

After a long day of last-minute shopping, Bentley was very excited to run around a park and play!

Enjoying the view
And last but not least, we stopped at a few scenic lookouts on our last day.  This is my favorite picture from it all:
Makapu'u


Aah, paradise...  We'll be back some day!  Somehow!

3 comments:

delilas said...

I am so happy for your family to have such an amazing HI experience. It is one beautiful place.

Vangie said...

I love these last few pics! You're right, the pic of the flag is great! Hopefully one day our family will be able to enjoy these views in person!

Natalie R. said...

I would enjoy getting to go to Pearl Harbor someday - I bet that was a really amazing place to visit, especially after reading Unbroken!

Fun pictures, I'm so glad that you guys had such an amazing trip!!!