Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What's Missing Here? Oh, Yeah, the Humidity.

I think it was the gale force wind and rain we got on Saturday (just as we were leaving the house, of course) that finally blew away all our humidity and deposited a new season on our doorstep.  All I know is that we are suddenly experiencing crisp autumn mornings and it is so lovely.

I never thought it would happen, but fall is winning me over.  Last autumn was the first time I really understood that the flaming red and orange leaves were actually about the prettiest thing in the world.  And now, after a normal, brutal Virginia summer, complete with very whiny children for the last two weeks of summer, I am enjoying EVERYTHING about this time of year.  I'm enjoying Bentley being in school (and he is, too-- he is so much happier when he's got somewhere to go and stuff to do all day!).  I'm enjoying Kendra starting preschool and having a few hours each week to spend with just Ryder.  I'm enjoying opening the windows and having fresh cool air circulating throughout the house.  I'm enjoying that the sky has turned blue again, instead of the blazing hot, humid, there-should-be-a-storm-any-moment white-grey we get for most of August.  I'm enjoying that the insects are dying out (DIE, BUGS, DIE!!!!!).  I'm enjoying that I can still fit into this last pair of shorts for a while before I need to bust out the maternity pants.  (I'm in my second trimester now, so maternity clothes are totally fair game!)

I'm just enjoying life. 

I felt a little guilty, switching my loyalties away from summer.  Until I realized yesterday that fall in Virginia is actually the exact same weather as summer in Seattle.  No wonder it feels so right!

3 comments:

Vangie said...

Totally with you on the "DIE, BUGS, DIE!" Looking forward to morning runs without the awkward outstretched arm.

I'm in love with Fall in VA - I don't think there is a better season in this area!

Anne said...

Ahhhh! I wish we were having fall weather right now! It's SO hot and isn't supposed to let up for a while!!!

Natalie R. said...

Fall is absolutely the best time of year!!!! I just adore the fall. And on the East Coast, my order of favorites is fall, winter, spring, summer - just like that. So every time fall comes back, it's like I can finally breath again!