Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reasons Why I Love This Weather

This is Seattle weather at its best. I can't actually see any raindrops falling anywhere, but the surface of everything is wet. Under the car is still dry, though, and you know that you'll be able to run out to the car and back without doing any major damage to yourself or your clothing or probably even getting your shoes too muddy, provided you stay off the grass.

So here are the reasons I love it:

1. Because it's darker outside, the kids slept in (7:40, where they normally get up around 6:45!!).

2. Because the pollen count is down to a 7 now (as opposed to 11.3!!!), I'm opening the windows and enjoying some fresh, cool air.

3. The air that is wafting in through that open window smells delicious.

4. My backyard is so filled with green that I can no longer see the neighbor's houses behind us. Such delightful privacy! Thank the rain for all that green.

5. I'm already sunburned from spending three hours at the park yesterday. This will give my skin a chance to heal.

6. It's so relaxing on the eyes to not have the sun glaring into them for a bit.

7. Tomorrow when the sun comes back again, I will greet it like a long-lost friend. Absence truly makes the heart grow fonder.

8. It just makes my little Seattle heart happy. It always has, and I suppose it always will.

I think it's my lucky day. Hope it's yours, too!

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

I'm glad it was your lucky day yesterday! :0) You better hope Leah doesn't see number 5, or she'll send you a big bottle of sunscreen! And I'm glad that your air smells good, but I bet it doesn't smell as good as our air! ;0) Gotta love living in Hershey...

I totally agree with you, BTW, that I love not-quite-rainy grey Seattle days!!

)en said...

You know, I totally hate winter passionately but sometimes i wonder if i wouldn't enjoy perma-overcast weather. I mean, of course I like the sun and need it, and I feel like i'm a happy sunny girl, but maybe my subdusion would welcome a frequent cloudy accompaniment.