Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Discoveries

When I got married, the wife of my Dad's coworker sent me a beautiful, cobalt blue KitchenAid. It was an extremely generous gift, especially considering that we had never even met. She even shipped it all the way to Utah for me. (I sent her a very nice thank you note.) Craig and I dubbed it Sir Mix-a-Lot and have enjoyed using it immensely. End of story. Or so I thought...



But just a few weeks ago, Craig (genius, and willing-to-try-new-things-out guy that he is) figured out what this tool
is for.

Maybe there was an owner's manual that I never bothered to look at or something, but I did NOT know that this little machine could knead dough for me!!!!!!! I don't have to have a countertop covered in flour?! I don't have to have my hands covered in flour?! Why didn't someone tell me about this five years ago?!?!?!

Suddenly all those yummy bread recipes that I love to try got a whole heck of a lot easier.

Suddenly I don't just enjoy my KitchenAid, I love it.

Absolutely love it.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

If everyone just knew the information they needed to share with others... I could have told you about the dough hook, but stuff like that doesn't come up in every day conversation. And I'm sure there is all sorts of areas where I'm lacking in common knowledge/sense.

Liz said...

Awesome! :) My mom makes the most amazing cinnamon rolls with her Kitchen Aid + dough hook. I'm happy to send the recipe if you like -- they take a while total-time (with 2 risings), but hands-on time isn't too bad. Though I don't know what the distraction-factor is like with three cute little kids in the kitchen at the same time... ;)

Liz

)en said...

I really really love that it took that long to realize that. :D It's like the day I realized there's a STOP button on the toaster (i had for at least a year) and i don't have to manually force the lever up if i want it to be done, which probably wasn't the best for it. What a good day indeed.

Oneup said...

This simply leaves me absolutely speechless!

Juliana said...

I agree with the above comment, that if only we knew the information we had to share with each other! I'm pretty sure that many friends have answers that I just don't know to ask or wonder about...

Also, I LOVE that you named your KitchenAid!

Natalie R. said...

That's awesome! I remember wondering what that was for with Mom's KitchenAid - this makes me want to get one even more!!!

Nicole said...

oh THAT'S what that thing is! i always assumed it existed for the sole purpose of allowing me to pretend i'm captain hook. :)