Thursday, April 7, 2011

Priorities

At book club last week, a few of us were talking about our blogs and the other books we'd been reading in addition to the discussion book, when one of the women asked us-- her voice a mixture of shock and awe-- how in the world we found time to do all these things. We gave the usual answers, "This is what I do rather than pay attention to my kids!" and stuff like that. And I didn't think about it too much.

Until later in the conversation. When this same friend mentioned that she exercises. Every day.

And also that she cleans her bathrooms. Every day.

And suddenly I knew where I found time for blogging and reading. Because unless I have people coming over, I don't usually clean my bathrooms until they're visibly dirty. Which is pretty disgusting if you think about it. And I'm quite certain that the last time I exercised was when Kendra was a baby. In fact, I think I quit trying as soon as she began crawling.

And suddenly I hoped that this girl never ever ever looks at my bathrooms. Or at my waistline.


Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to my reading.

9 comments:

Patrice said...

In my case, reading was necessary for sanity and happiness-other things could be put on a backburner, but sanity was a must!!

Jen Evans said...

I can't remember the last time I cleaned my bathroom. Hopefully it's not too obvious.

Erin said...

She cleans her bathroom every day??!! I try to do it weekly; every day just seems like overkill!

)en said...

This is excellent. Priorities indeed.

Andrea said...

LOL! And I'm wondering who this person is because I don't believe that someone really cleans their bathroom everyday...really?! I'll have to see it to believe it.

I actually read the book in April and was bummed that I wasn't feeling well enough to go to book club. Maybe next month.

Alanna said...

Andrea-- I'll whisper it in your ear some day! Since I'm totally impressed by this girl, that's not gossiping, right? ;)

Juliana said...

My blog totally beats out my bathroom - hands down.

(Now, considering the blogging break I just took, lets not think too much about what my apartment may look like...) :)

But good for your friend. I'm totally impressed!

Natalie R. said...

I agree with Mom. I have a friend whose apartment is always clean, and she exercises every day, but she reads two or three (short) books a year. I'm totally opposite, but we're both happy so I guess it's okay. :0)

Liz said...

Isn't dirt good for you in some way?? At least this is going to be my philosophy if I ever have kids. :o)

Wow. I can't imagine cleaning my bathroom daily. I'm lucky if it's cleaned even once a week. I just... Um. Wow. :)