Friday, March 22, 2013

Conversations at Home

Me: Look!  I can fit into my post-pregnancy fat jeans!
Craig: That's great-- they're not even maternity jeans!  Look at you!
Me: I'm just a little bulgy on top.  Oh, well.
Craig: That's okay, I'm pretty sure that's the new style.  You know what they say, "Muffin top is the new anorexia!"


I think everyone should live for that fashion ideal.  (And I really did think Craig was hilarious.  This isn't one of those "isn't my husband awful for saying that" sorts of blog posts, in case you weren't sure.)

*     *     *     *     *   

While my Mom was here, she was telling us about a book my great-uncle, a geologist, wrote called Greenland's Icy Fury.  Except at one point she got the title mixed up and instead referred to it as Iceland's Greasy Fury.  I'm picturing a McDonald's takeover, but I think that title is pretty open to wherever your imagination can take you.  Someone needs to make a movie of this.

 *     *     *     *     *    

Another of my Mom's spoonerisms: I've gotten her started reading the Maisie Dobbs books.  Except she referred to the heroine as Daisie Mobbs.  Close, but not quite...

*     *     *     *     *    

Bentley & Kendra, running into the room filled with excitement, "Mommy!  Mommy!  Ryder learned a new word!  He can say, 'Hate'!!!"

Just what a mother longs to hear...

*     *     *     *     *    

And last but not least, a story with a bit of a backstory to it.  So the other day as Craig was getting ready to bathe the kids, Ryder managed to slam the bathroom door into Bentley.  The doorknob got him right under his eye, giving him quite the shiner.  The next day, when Bentley came home from school I asked him if people asked him about it.  "Yeah," he responded, "So I told them I didn't want to talk about it."  Maybe I should have written a note of explanation to his teacher after all...

2 comments:

Anne said...

Too funny! I love your fam!!

Natalie R. said...

ha ha ha, those are great!! I think my favorite was Bentley not wanting to talk about his black eye, but Craig's is pretty awesome, too!!