Monday, August 28, 2017

Remember Easter?

As seems to be happening more and more, I think we celebrated Easter about five times (back in the spring, when Easter happened.  Ya know).  And I even took pictures at some of those! 

The first was our neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  We haven't been able to make it in the past, so it was fun to get to go this time.  They overestimated how many kids would be in the three-and-under hunt, so Camille came away with a bucket spilling over with eggs!  She was pretty pleased with herself, although it led to Ryder and Colton feeling a bit jealous!

Look-- I actually did something with her hair!

It was bright outside, so everyone is squinting at the camera
I need to buy my kids some sunglasses

That's Ryder grabbing an egg out of the bushes


Kendra found one of the golden eggs that got her a big chocolate bunny!

Around the same time was Charlottesville's TomTom Festival.  We headed to the downtown mall to see all the booths that had been set up, and then of course we had to get pizza for the kids, and food truck stuff for me!  I love going to the downtown mall for stuff like this-- we always see friends (and it's not like we're even terribly social people, so that's really saying something!) and it all just makes me happy.  THIS is what Charlottesville is like, not whatever you've been reading in the news recently.


Craig and I are such scrubs here-- I didn't put on makeup and he hasn't shaved.  But I kind of love this picture in all its honesty!

And then on actual Easter we went to Craig's parent's home for Easter dinner.  We hadn't been able to dye eggs yet, so I brought all our stuff so we could do it there.  We thought we could set up in front of their house, so we wouldn't have to worry about spilling in the house.  But it turns out that this is a recipe for disaster-- we spilled more dye than we have in all our other years combined!  But at least it didn't really matter!  But in case you were wondering: using a table is key for a decent egg-dyeing experience!

Dinner was, of course, wonderful, and we all had a wonderful time!

Quite the fashion going on here: Camille is in the same dress as before; Ryder is wearing pajama shorts and his church shoes?  And I believe Tom's sporting duct tape on his shoe!  We're a classy bunch!




So, yes, we enjoyed our Easter!  But next time we'll use a table!!!

No comments: