Thursday, August 31, 2017

Blogging Milestones

So how's this for craziness...

This is my 1,000th blog post!!! 

Yup.  As of the hitting of that "Publish" button, I have officially published one thousand posts...  (There are another forty or so that never made it past the draft stage, but those don't really count.  I have, however, been reading through them and seeing if there's any material there that I should revisit!)

I know blogging has kind of fallen by the wayside for most of the world-- facebook and instagram have taken over as a way to share our lives and keep in touch.  But I'm glad I've stuck to blogging.  Just this last week my big kids pulled out the blog books that Craig and my mom have published and spent several days perusing them.  And then I started re-reading what I'd written as I was putting the books away (because heaven forbid they put something back when they're done with it!), and I was just tickled reading about some of the things my kids did when they were smaller that I would have forgotten about otherwise!

I've come a long way since when I first started blogging-- back then (in 2008) Kendra was just a baby, I had two kids and lived in a little townhome style apartment.  Craig and I were already looking for our first home to buy, and within a few short weeks we actually found one and bought it and moved in.  That seemed like a miracle at the time-- actually, it still sort of feels like a miracle.  And then suddenly we were having oodles more babies and life just kept accelerating on us!  I'm glad I've managed to record some of the minutiae and I'm even more glad that I occasionally have pictures matched up with the memories.  There are so many time each day when I think, "Oh, I'll have to remember this!" but so often those things slip away-- like a few weeks ago when Craig was asked to help pass the sacrament at church, and Ryder spent the entire time enthusiastically waving to him, while Camille sat on my lap quietly chanting, "Go, Daddy, go!  Go, Daddy, go!"  You would think Daddy was a football star or something.  It was adorable.

These kids might want to make me pull my hair out sometimes.  But more often than not, they just keep me laughing.

It's a good life.

I want to keep remembering everything that I can.


And while I'm allowing myself to be a bit sappy, thank you for continuing to read along with our family!  I wanted to do some sort of giveaway or something, but that new HVAC is being installed as I'm typing this and I'm feeling very poor.  And besides that, I have no idea what I could possibly give you that you would want.  But please know that I value your friendship (otherwise I wouldn't have invited you to be one of my readers!) and I honestly do appreciate that you bother to keep up with me and my crazy family! 


P.S.  I have no idea why this is double spaced.  I can't seem to be able to undo it.  For posting 1,000 times, I sure do suck at actually doing computer stuff...!

1 comment:

Erin said...

While facebook can be okay for quickly sharing the kids silly little snippets, I really enjoy blogging to document our overall life, even just for myself. I love going back and perusing old posts and pictures. And I love reading friends' blogs because I feel like blogging is more suited to pictures and depth than facebook, thereby helping me feel more connected to far away friends. Thanks for continuing to blog!