Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Goodreads 2020

My reading was down a little this year-- too much time spent obsessively reading the news about Covid and the election, I'm afraid.  Still, 51 books and a little over nineteen thousand pages is nothing to sneeze at!  And, as I'm looking back at my Goodreads history, this is the 2nd most I've ever read, so I guess I won't feel too bad about that!


My favorite books of the year were:

Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane

Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow

The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart

102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers by Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Kind of Hindu by Mindy Kaling

I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes with Death by Maggie O'Farrell

Wolf Hall, Bring Up the Bodies, & The Mirror by Hilary Mantel

Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith (ie, J.K. Rowling)

Everything Sad Is Untrue by Daniel Nayeri

and of course, I enjoyed re-reading The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, and Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis.


I'm currently buried in Brandon Sanderson's 4th Stormlight book, The Rhythm of War, which at a hefty 1200 pages will probably keep me busy for a while!  My list of books to read never grows shorter!

No comments: