Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baby Names (Update)

Bentley finally contributed some names of his own. The first two were Moose and Monkey. (Apparently my son is oblivious to my fear of primates. I kind of like Moose, though. If this is a boy, that might be a fun nickname, actually.) He then proceeded to name most of the Seven Dwarfs, starting with Bashful, Grumpy, and Sleepy. Hmm...

Incidentally, I'm not sure why I place such stock in trying to pick out names for my children anyway. Recently, Kendra insists on being called either Kitty or Buzz Lightyear. And Bentley just wants to be called Captain.

Oh, well. I try.


The weather is supposed to be in the 60's today, so I'm feeling totally justified in wearing shorts. Huzzah!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Linus usually insists that he's either a forsey (horsey), a doggy or a kitty cat... all of which are named Caterpillar so he insists we call him Caterpillar. At least we don't need to keep track of each animals' name.

EmmaJ said...

Betty calls me Captain- not sure what that says about my parenting style.
And I think you could pick a Japanese name because you served your mission there and that is connection enough.

Shaun R. said...

It was 68 in LA last week. My coworkers all showed up in coats and scarves insisting that it was "freezing" and complaining that I hadn't put on even a sweater.

Natalie R. said...

As long as Bentley doesn't start wanting to be called, Oh Captain My Captain! Then I might start getting nervous. ;0)

The other day, Samuel and Cameron built a "house" out of the couch cushions, and Samuel kept insisting he was a kitty. Cameron couldn't figure out where it came from, but I figured it was some influence from Kendra. Isn't it great to have cousins to help come up with fun games?!

Nicole said...

in the midst of my delivery, my o.b. shouted, "wow, this kid is a moose!" true story.