Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Great Art

I discovered some of my old calendars, many of which have been saved because of the artwork within them. So here are just a few of my absolute favorite paintings. Many thanks to my Victorian Art and Culture professor, Dr. Bassett (who is retired now), who introduced me to half of these.



The Lady of Shalot, by John William Waterhouse



Nocturne in Black and Gold, the Falling Rocket, by James Abbott McNeill Whistler

Fallen Monarchs, by William Bliss Baker (This one is at BYU's Museum of Art! Go see it if you get a chance!)


Seascape at Saintes-Maries, by Vincent van Gogh


Buttermere Lake-- A Shower, by J.M.W. Turner

3 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Wow, those are really gorgeous! Isn't it amazing that some people can paint like that??? Thanks for sharing!

Nicole said...

ah, victorian art. that was the class i met you in, was it not?

have you seen the young victoria yet? it's fab.

Laresa said...

I loved that class.