Friday, March 11, 2011

Good Omens

This week, Ryder slept through the night three nights in a row, but then broke the cycle last night by being up twice. Ah, well. These things take time.

But I've had lots of good things happen already to me this morning and I wanted to share them with you: even though Ryder woke me up a bunch, Bentley & Kendra decided to let me sleep in. So that balanced everything out nicely. And then when I came down the stairs, four deer were wandering past our backyard! And as we watched them, the sun broke through the clouds for a moment and made everything sparkly and pretty. It was one of those moments that fades so quickly that you wish you had a photographic memory or something.

Then I settled down to check my emails and read this fantastic blog post. Go ahead and read it-- it's great. It will make you feel better about yourself.

And then I got up to get the kids more cereal and spotted five more deer slipping between my house and my neighbor's house, probably looking for the original four. Nine deer in one morning! They were beautiful to see. And they're also making me think there might not be much point in planting that garden that I still haven't gotten around to planting...! So now I can pretend that I'm not lazy, just practical!

And, as if this morning couldn't get any better, I'm thinking about the fact that my sister comes to see me tonight and will be joined tomorrow by my parents and another sister and her family. And it's Friday. Life is good.

Have a great weekend!



P.S. There's a book Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and it's hilarious. Check it out!

1 comment:

Juliana said...

I really feel like my best days are so great because of all the little things added together. And good for you for taking note! :)