Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It goes without saying that...

...the one day that I forget to bring an extra outfit to church for Ryder will also be the first time that he has a complete blowout at church, causing me to carry him around wearing nothing but a diaper and a receiving blanket. Naturally, this will also be the same day that I've got my parents, my in-laws, and two sisters with me at church, thus giving me yet another chance to show off my awesome mommy skills to all of my family!

The silver lining to it all was that at least I had decided to have Ryder's baby blessing take place at home after church, rather than in the church building immediately following our Sunday meetings. Having him be blessed naked would have been a little strange! The other silver lining was that I had been smart enough to save the outfit I wanted him blessed in, so it was still clean.

What a day.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Ah, but at least you had an extra diaper to put him in. :)

Jen Evans said...

I think you forgot to mention the volume of his gas. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Nicole said...

ha.

Juliana said...

The patriarch of my old stake (in Utah) announced that Bishops, RS Presidents and other church leaders should give mothers SIX MONTHS to get everything together/offer flexibility in coming to church consistency/and all around patience in expectations.

I'm holding on to that.

You've haven't hit 6 months with Ryder yet, be nice to yourself! :)