Friday, March 18, 2011

Momness (from Kacy)

I already told you about this blog post about being a mom. The author, Kacy, wrote a follow-up post yesterday, which you can find here, and I liked that one, too.

So in addition to recommending that you read those blog posts, I'm also going to extend her question to all of you: what are some of your good bits of momness? I feel like I can use whatever you can give me!



Now I'm just being obnoxious and sharing this picture that my Mom took. It's one of the best pictures I've seen of myself in a long time. It's a rare thing these days when I actually manage to do my hair and apply makeup. And can smile for the camera without blinking! (Craig says I only like it because I'm backlit. Whatever!)

While my family was here and we had at least two major photo shoots, which I will be posting about soon. Consider yourself warned.

But enough about that. I really do want to hear what you have to say about momness. Even if you're not a mom, I'm sure you've observed something in your life and formed an opinion. Sock it to me!

2 comments:

Jen Evans said...

I told my sister, who just discovered she's expecting (and is kind of still in the freak out stage) that before you have a baby and a baby starts crying, you say, "AHhh, where's your mom? This baby is crying!" When you're a new mom and it's YOUR baby crying you think, "AHHH!! I need to stop this crying or everyone will be mad!" Then when you're done with the whole baby thing and a baby starts crying you're like, "Eh, that baby's crying. Someone might want to do something about that." It gets easier because you get better at it, and confident. Like she said, you're an expert!

Juliana said...

Beautiful picture!
And Mr Ryder is adorable, too!

I know I have all sorts of opinions and admirations of the mothering that I have witnessed, but I think I will have to come back to it. Right now I'm distracted with thinking how cute Ryder's baby-face cheeks are :)