Saturday, August 7, 2010

Feisty

I've already mentioned that I'm impressed with Lucky's blossoming personality. I got another taste of it the other night in the form of an all-out tantrum at three in the morning. I didn't bother turning on the light to see what it looked like on the outside of my stomach, but it felt like lava bubbling up under my skin. You've seen a newborn who's completely upset and hysterical, but lacking any sort of coordination? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what was going on. It made it really hard to sleep. This is the sort of thing that would normally worry me, except this happened right after Craig rolled over and kneed me in the stomach. Between a kick to the head and mommy's adrenaline rush as I shoved Craig's leg away before I'd even completely woken up, I suspect Lucky had every reason to be a bit upset.

Keep sticking up for yourself, Lucky.

I told Craig that if this happens again, we're getting a king-sized bed.

He said last night he kept waking up every time he moved his legs in order to make sure I wasn't near him before he moved. Good husband.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

We have a California King sized bed, and my husband sleeps in the middle. So I'm not confident that a bigger bed will save you (and Lucky).

Natalie R. said...

Wow, this kid definitely has some spunk! Any predictions/gut feelings about gender?