Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TMI Tuesday

I'm stealing this idea from this awesome girl. I've never met Kim, but she has one of the most entertaining blogs I've ever read. And every so often she'll do a TMI Tuesday, and it's always hilarious. Having said that, this probably won't be nearly as funny, but I'll try anyway.

So mine for today: when I'm pregnant, there are times when the only thing which I find comfortable to wear is this hideous muumuu my mom got from Hawaii in the 70's. Hawaii isn't exactly known for using tame colors for their clothing, and I'm afraid the 70's in general are replete with the ugliest fashion our country has ever seen. So when you combine the two, it's a bit scary.

But oh, so comfortable.

SO comfortable.

I love not having elastic anywhere near my tummy. Nothing pressing against me, and nothing for the baby to push back against, leaving me feeling like I'm in the middle of a tug-of-war match using my stomach as the rope. Seat belts have become the bane of my existence. (Don't worry, Mom, I still dutifully wear mine anyway.)

And especially on Sunday evenings, after I've been dressed up for church most of the day, I frequently come home and retreat to the comfort of the ugly 70's muumuu. Just to give you the idea, it's a bright sky blue and a lime green together. But not in a cool way. Trust me. (And no, I will not be including pictures of this. Sorry.)

So this last Sunday I was wearing it and it was time to do dishes. I cannot wash dishes without splashing water all over myself, so dishwashing requires an apron. But I couldn't find my usual denim apron, I could only find my apron that has cow spots all over it. It was Bentley who pointed out how funny it was that I was wearing a cow apron and a "moo moo." I'm afraid that once I begin nursing it will be terribly difficult to distinguish me from your average holstein!


Moo.

6 comments:

Patrice said...

Moo to you, too! By the way, I got the "gorgeous" 70's muu muu from Grandma-just to put in perspective how truly well worn & loved it is!!

Kim said...

Oh heavens, that is hilarious. Cow apron + "moo moo" = Kim loling.

Erin said...

That's awesome.

You should try out a shalwar kameez. A friend and I were wondering how hard it'd be for them to become popular in Mormon culture. The pants are HUGE around the waist, and you just pull on a drawstring to fit them to your size (perfect for pregnancy!), they're beautiful, comfortable, totally modest, and no more worries about little ones pulling up your skirt!

Rachael said...

This post had me cracking up! Especially the picture, I thought that was a nice touch. :)

Natalie R. said...

That is seriously hilarious! I love your last line - Samuel started laughing because I was laughing so hard! :0)

Nicole said...

ha.

though i think you are cruel to deny us pictures of this thing.