Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Together

Craig's parents took us to Red Robin the other day (thanks again, Tom and Donna!). I ordered the Pub Burger, which came with onions fried in ale (is that bad for a pregnant woman?), cheddar and Swiss cheese and was served on an onion bun. It sounded splendid to me, but I have to admit, I found it a little disappointing. Craig ordered the guacamole bacon burger. And like we often do, we decided to trade bites. And his burger was so good, I was immediately even more disappointed in my own choice. As I was savoring that swapped bite, Craig commented, "Actually, I kind of like yours better."

"I like yours better!" I exclaimed, and then paused. "You want to just switch burgers?"

"Yeah, let's do that."

So we did. And we both smiled in delight at each other through our stuffed mouths and our delicious burgers. I don't usually even like guacamole that much, but wow that hit the spot.

The funny thing is, the more I think about this dinner, the more it seems to sum up these last five years. It's not so much that things always go perfectly in our life together, but that together, we always find the way that makes us both so happy.

I don't think I've ever posted pictures from my own wedding here before. Do you mind indulging me for a minute here?

Photo by Tom Smith, exiting the temple


Photo by Janine Hogan. Perfect Seattle sunshine.


Photo by Bob Hansen. I love how the temple looms large in this one.


Cutting the cake. Also by Bob Hansen.


Happy 5th Anniversary, Craig. Thanks for always keeping me smiling.
I love you.

5 comments:

Juliana said...

I love trading bites. And I especially love it when husbands are happy to switch. And I especially especially LOVE your wedding pictures. Absolutely stunning!

Happy 5 years to you and Craig!

Patrice said...

You reminded me of what a lovely, happy day that was and I'm so glad that you are still having lovely, happy days five years later!!

Anonymous said...

I would be thrilled to trade bites with Jason. He is always sampling mine. Too bad I can't eat most of what he orders :( Though I have to say he does try on occasion to get something I can have too when we go to the right places :)

Has it been five years already?! Before you know it another five will go by and you'll be at ten wonderful years! (and a child who will be 10 soon!!! AAACK!!!)

Happy Anniversary!!

Shaun R. said...

I remember running into you on campus right around the time you got engaged to Craig. I can't remember exactly how you phrased it, but something about feeling like being with him made you want to be a better person while at the same time feeling completely comfortable just being yourself. I liked that, and it stuck with me.

Congratulations to you both!

Nicole said...

happy anniversary!