Sunday, August 1, 2010

Introducing Eliot

I feel like I've had so much to blog about that I've been quite remiss in not introducing you to this little guy sooner!

Nearly a week ago, on Monday, July 26th, my oldest sister Leah gave birth to her first baby, Eliot Paul Bentley Madden!!! Leah managed to have one of the smoothest first deliveries I've ever heard of, producing a perfect little baby boy in just six hours and without any medications! Wow. I am so jealous. Eliot was born with a great set of hair (he must have gotten this from Brian, since Leah didn't have any hair until she was about three!) and weighed in at 6 lbs 11 oz (both my babies were 8 1/2 lbs, so apparently I need to learn what Leah was eating her entire pregnancy and copy her...).

Pictures say a lot more than words here, so I'll let them do most of the talking:

My sister Tracy sent out this picture. So perfect!


Mother and son contemplate each other.
I don't think there's any moment quite like meeting your baby for the first time...


Love the fact that even though he's so tiny, he still had plenty of chub on his arms and legs.
So cute!!!


Very proud Papa. Brian is going to be such a great Daddy!!!


Chubby legs!!! I love them!!!


So this is my newest nephew! I can't even say how excited I am that Leah and Brian finally took the plunge into parenting! Congratulations, you guys! We're so happy for you!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love the name Elliot. Unfortunately, I already have an Ella. Congrats on your new nephew!