Saturday, January 29, 2011

January Isn't Even Over Yet and I'm Giving Up

I hate to admit defeat, but I think this winter might just be too depressing to really stick to a diet. I won't let myself go crazy like I did in December, but I just can't be as good as I had planned and hoped to be. If the only thing that can cheer me up on a cold, white depressing day is a hot bowl of creamy soup, then so be it.

Apologies to my body. When the weather warms up I'll begin earnestly trying to win back the skinny me. Really, I will (I do want to be able to wear a swimsuit without feeling embarrassed, after all)! But not just yet. Besides, I think I need those fat layers to try and keep warm.

4 comments:

Patrice said...

From DAD: Alanna, I understand the sentiment, but I want to warn you to be careful. It's a slippery slope. Your mother is in Hawaii, eating chocolate.

Tracy said...

Can I join you on that slippery slope?

Natalie R. said...

I think Ryder is way too young to worry about it. Wait until he's eating solids so you're not his only food source, and then start worrying about what you eat!!

Nicole said...

losing baby weight is the suck. i wish you (and me) luck!