Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Run-On Sentence

Just when I'm beginning to think that I can't possibly survive one more day of this cold, colorless depression that is winter, we get a surprise snow day and Craig gets to stay home and suddenly I find myself sitting in the kitchen with my sweet husband while the cinnamon rolls he just threw together rise on our heated bathroom floor (is that totally weird to let bread rise there? but it works!), planning things like shopping for a new vacuum at Bed, Bath and Beyond and getting the baby toys out of storage for Ryder and putting away the plates my mother-in-law gave me-- all things we have time for now that we have an entire day together-- and life, even on cold depressing winter days, seems just a teensy bit more manageable.

3 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Yeah! New vacuum!

ugkuyg said...

Mmmm...cinnamon rolls...

Natalie R. said...

I'm glad you got a new vacuum, I know you've been wanting it for a long time!

BTW, if you're really disliking winter, why not head a little bit north and come visit us?? A trip to a place that smells like chocolate would definitely make the winter more bearable. :0)