Friday, July 15, 2011

The Break Up

Dear Chipotle,

First of all, let me just reassure you that the problem is me. Not you. I know that's a horrid cliche, but it really is the truth here.

We've had a lovely five years together. When we first embarked on our relationship, I couldn't even guess what an important part of my life you would become. The dates, the food, the ease of it all. Even when we moved, you were actually closer to me than ever before (more right turns, less left turns). I really began to believe that we could make things work. I even forgave you that one time when you made me totally sick. I know you didn't mean it.

But you have to understand that Cafe Rio and I split up because of distance. And not emotional distance. Real, tangible, geographical, you're-two-thousand-miles-away-from-me distance.

Cafe Rio made the first move about a month ago, easing into a Maryland location that I found hard to resist. But I put my blinders on. I was still committed to us.

But now Cafe Rio is here. In Manassas. Just one mile away from me. I don't even have to deal with Sudley Road to get to Cafe Rio. How can I say no to that? I can't. I can't, and I won't. I won't keep up the pretense any longer-- it would just be cruel to you and to my figure. Cafe Rio has always been my true love. And always will be. We got back together last night and we just couldn't be any happier.

In the meantime, thanks for all the memories. You're wonderful, you really are. You'll find the right girl for you some day, I know it.

Yours,
Alanna

7 comments:

Patrice said...

I loved your blog-and I can't wait to follow your lead to Cafe Rio some day!!

Andrea said...

Ha! Ha!
I could never truly give my heart to Chipotle. You're much kinder then I am!

Erin said...

I don't get the Cafe Rio thing. We ate there twice in Provo, and both times I felt seriously ill afterward. And even the taste of the food didn't do a whole lot for me. But, hey, that's just me; I guess I'm the weird one on this since everyone else seems to love it. I'm happy for you that there's one so close to you now! (And not have to deal with Sudley Road to get there is definitely something to rejoice about!)

Oneup said...

So jealous.

Anne said...

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie R. said...

HOORAY!!!!! I can't wait to come and visit Cafe Rio (oh yeah, and you, too)!!!! :-D

Rachael said...

We've got our Cafe Rio punch cards all ready for when we make it to Virginia. :)