Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ryder-ism

At 7 months, Ryder is developing a sense of humor. I love it. It first came to our attention a week ago when he and Bentley spent a good ten minutes just laughing at each other. They giggled, chuckled, chortled, shrieked, and just kept on laughing. It was hilarious.

And now, Ryder has a new trick. Once he's mostly done eating, he'll pretend like he's about to nurse some more, but then suddenly grab a fistful of my shirt and stuff that in his mouth instead and just laugh and laugh at me. He thinks he's playing the best joke ever. Bentley used to do a similar thing-- he would move towards me like he was going to nurse, and then pull back and just smile at me instead with this sort of, "Gotcha!" grin. I don't remember Kendra ever playing any games like this-- I guess boys are just sillier from birth!

3 comments:

Juliana said...

I like this!

There is an older woman that I met via my internship this summer, and before we were introduced I was warned that she had ZERO sense of humor. Not just she wasn't drawn to the same wit at most people, no she just amused or would ever laugh at all. And needless to say, I think her life is much more difficult than it needs to be. I'm glad your kids won't be following that path!! :)

Patrice said...

I love that the boys laugh together-what a great way to start a friendship!!

Natalie R. said...

That's so fun, I love it when they start laughing at funny things!! I can't wait to see the little guy again, I bet he's grown a lot in the last few weeks. :0)