Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lazy Summer Day

In my defense, I got very little sleep last night. Craig kept me up until midnight (I really shouldn't let him drink Coke any more. It always ends with me angry at how late we stay up) and Ryder was up at 5:00am. And I don't think I ever got enough sleep to recover from our New York trip. But even so, I'm not sure that justifies the 2-and-a-half hour nap I took after church today. But oh, it was delicious to sleep so long on a summer afternoon!

After napping the afternoon away, I got up and made creamy pesto for dinner. And homemade breadsticks. And I'm pretty proud of myself for that!

Have you ever had one of those meals where you are stuffed full but you just keep eating because it is so dang good? That was this meal. It's going to take me hours to clean up my kitchen. But it was so worth it.

I love summer time.

I love having the time to do stuff like this. I love knowing that we don't have to get up early tomorrow morning (although I will try to go running before it gets hot-- the point here is that I want to, but I don't have to!). I love having Craig around and de-stressed enough that he doesn't mind me napping for so long. I love that a summer storm is brewing outside and that we still have ice cream in the freezer (hmmm, maybe I do HAVE to go running?). I love that the kids have just played Angry Birds for the last hour and they actually took turns sharing the game.

It's amazing how much happier I am after some extra sleep and a really good meal!

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

That's so awesome! I actually took a nap this Sunday, too, but it was shorter and before church, but for me to actually nap during the day you can assume that I was really quite tired!!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Sunday, yay for summer!!