Saturday, August 23, 2008

Colors

So we finally bought paint for our kitchen! After feeling like we weren't making a whole lot of progress, today was a good working day for the house: Craig and his Dad finished re-tiling the shower wall that they'd taken apart and we've put primer on about two-thirds of the kitchen. Donna and I spent a lot of time sponging down walls and getting things ready (and I have to give Donna credit: she has spent days sanding all those cupboards!). Just when we were getting close to being done, Bentley needed to go home for naptime, so when I came back much later, everyone had started painting the primer on.

So then tonight, after dinner, Craig and I finally chose the colors we wanted for the kitchen, and then Craig ran out and actually bought them and I am just so excited for it all! The names of the colors don't tell you much, but in case you're curious, the cupboards themselves will be ultra-fine white, with a dark blue trim (the blue was called "Teeny Bikini"-- whatever that means; I almost chose the one called "Starry night" just because I liked the name!). Then the walls are a very pale, you can hardly tell there's any color there, beige. That one is called Heavy Cream. And then the ceiling is just barely off-white ("Cookie Crumb"). I'm telling you-- in my next life, I want to be someone who comes up with names for all these paints! I really think these people must have fun!

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Yay!! You guys are really getting close to finishing things up! I can't wait to see the final work.