Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rent

I've decided that I have a love-hate relationship with renting. With all the beatings our carpets take (spit up is a daily occurrence, to say the least), our standard phrase has become, "That's why we're renting!" And in the last couple weeks, both our garbage disposal AND our washing machine broke, and management fixed them within a day or two of my calling in! It's like magic! Not to mention free!

But then this morning, as I was reading to Bentley, I suddenly looked out the back of our apartment to find two men I've never seen before setting a huge ladder against our building and climbing up it, which I have to admit is a bit disconcerting... I was glad I wasn't feeding the baby, at least!

So while part of me is scared at the prospect of being a homeowner (who do you call when things break???), a bigger part of me is really excited to not have strange men roaming around in my backyard anymore... Weird changes in store!

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Interesting points. I have some friends who hate renting because they can't paint or whatever how they want, but that's never bothered me. More than anything, it'll be nice not paying rent anymore! (At least money spent on a mortgage might come back).