Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can This Week Get Any Worse?

I have mastitis. Isn't that supposed to be something that cows get? What in the world is it doing plaguing me, especially this week when I really am just too busy for crap like this?

Anyway. I started to get worried last night when I had some pain. Then around midnight I realized that I couldn't sleep because I was shivering. My temperature was up to 99.6, so I put on my warm pajamas and tried to sleep some more. At 1:30 Kendra woke up to eat, and then my temperature was 101.5, so that's when I finally called a nurse.

Long story short, I got to drive myself to Urgent Care a half-hour away for a 3:00am appointment, where the doctor confirmed that Yes, I did have an infection, gave me some antibiotics, and sent me home to try to get some more sleep. (Yeah, right-- Kendra was up again at 6:00, and both kids were wide awake by 7:00.) I will say this, at least there's no traffic on I-66 at three in the morning. And the Urgent Care place was surprisingly efficient-- I was in and out in half an hour, so that was good, at least.

And now, I just put Kendra down for a nap, so I need to try and get Bentley to nap, too, so I can get some sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had mastitis just after Lindsy was born. Tom and Donna had just arrived that night to see our new baby and I was miserable. At least they could watch Kamryn while Jason took me to the urgent care at MIT. I had to take the antibiotics like 4 times a day which meant I had to take it in the middle of the night too. Fortunately that was the only time I ever got it.

Hope you feel better soon!

Natalie R. said...

I hope you got a good nap in after getting the kids down. I'm glad that week is over and I hope you're doing better!