Thursday, September 11, 2008

"This one likes me!"

I believe that the quote I used for this post is what my Grandpa Hansen said when he discovered that his second grandchild, Tracy, didn't have a problem with grandfathers like Leah had had (Leah quickly got over this as soon as she saw how much attention her grandfathers suddenly lavished on Tracy!). This quote sums up how I feel about Kendra these days. I'm not sure what triggered it, but she has suddenly become a completely devoted Mama's Girl. A smile from me is all it takes to get her to beam and giggle in sheer joy, and if I should make a move towards the door or even (horrors!) walk through the door and out of her sight, she has a complete meltdown.

Separation anxiety: it isn't any thing too unusual in babies. But Bentley never had it, so it's not something I've ever experienced. Bentley never cared a bit if I suddenly walked out of the room. He cared even less if he left the room that I was in! I sort of wondered why it was that some people had babies who liked them so much, but figured I just wasn't that lucky and in the meantime, I may as well enjoy being able to hand him off to someone when needed without listening to any crying. But now that Kendra is the complete opposite, it's proving interesting. There are times where I want to yell over her tears, "I'm right here! I'll be back in eyesight in ten seconds, just deal already!" But at the same time, I have to admit that it's sort of nice feeling needed. This one likes me!

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

That's such a great quote from Grandpa, I'm glad you got to use it. Yeah, it's kind of funny how separation anxiety is both kind of sweet and really frustrating all at once.