Monday, September 22, 2008

Packing

So we have begun packing. I use the word "we" pretty loosely here, because what's actually happened is that I've packed a grand total of five boxes (six, if you count finally putting tape on the box of maternity clothes that I packed up months ago!), and Craig has probably packed about twenty. It turns out that he is WAY better at packing than I am. I have this weird need to look at everything before I put it in the box, which really slows down progress. Craig, on the other hand, manages to just throw stuff in, while simultaneously managing to carefully wrap anything breakable. It's truly an impressive sight.

The good news, though, is that our packing philosophies are basically opposites when it comes to unpacking-- that's when Craig wants to look at everything and ponder it before he decides where to put it, whereas I want to just throw it right back on the shelf it was on before just to get it out of the box. So the plan is for me to do most of the UNpacking, so I will be pulling my weight, eventually.

Meanwhile, Kendra is apparently worried that we'll leave her behind, because she managed to scootch herself into a box the other day. (And no, she doesn't count as one of the boxes that I've packed!)

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Alanna, it's not your fault that you are so slow at packing things. I know a woman who can't throw away old newspapers until she's gone through them to make sure there isn't anything in them that she might have missed the 1st time through several weeks befor. And that wooman would be your mother. So you come by it honestly. Rex

Natalie R. said...

Kendra is so cute! I'm glad you got those pictures, they're precious. :0)