Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Epiphany (not like in Sweeney Todd)

So today while I was trying to cook dinner, Bentley took all of his legos out of the box that they came in and then proceeded to put the box (which is plastic, lime-green, and about a foot long) on his head and say, "Hat!" Then he handed it to me and repeated, "Hat!" so I did what anyone would do and put it on my head as well, much to Bentley's delight. We laughed and then it was his turn to continue wearing it. (Incidentally, I think that box is probably just as much fun as the legos themselves right now-- it's also good for jumping up and down in, apparently!)

Anyway, after Bentley had scampered off to get into some other mischief, it hit me that even though my son is definitely showing signs of terrible two-ness (three weeks and a day away)-- like when he threw a huge tantrum this evening because he didn't have a toy car to sleep with-- there's a lot of really fun goofiness that goes along with being this age. I mean, I'm sure that there will come a time when I won't be able to pay my son to do something that ridiculous, and if I were to do it, it will just elicit an annoyed look and possibly him rolling his eyes at me. So I guess I need to try and enjoy this age and all its weirdness as much as I can. And I need to enjoy the rare time in my life when my son thinks that I am really funny. He's only one once!

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Ha ha, that sounds like fun! You're probably right about not putting boxes on his head when he's older, although he might put napkins on his head. ;0)

Keep having fun with him!