Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bentley!

It seems like barely yesterday I'd had what would prove to be one of the scariest and most rewarding days of my life. Steady labor and forty minutes of pushing culminated in an emergency c-section, that left me with a beautiful baby boy...

And then, I blinked and suddenly that you were a whole year old, and so happy and fun I could hardly wait to have another!



And now, here you are: two years old, and still my fun, sweet boy. It's hard to believe how much you've learned-- from discovering your hands to walking to talking-- in so little time! This coming year, I guess we'll work on how learning how to eat without smearing food all over your face... But for now, Happy birthday, Bentley! I love you!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

I remember when Craig called to tell me Bentley was born-I was trying to check out at a grocery store and couldn't think how to do it because I was so excited! Bentley is a doll and we are very proud of him!!

love,
Grandma Patrice

Natalie R. said...

Yay, Happy Birthday, Bentley!! He's such a great kid, you and Craig must be doing a great job! :0)